Go Remote is a fast growing remote-first company that has built a virtual game show video conferencing platform that has quickly evolved to serving 3000 hosted events a month. We are seeking an experienced front-end developer with extensive knowledge of Vue.js.
Our tech team is led by Finn Kelly, the CTO and co-founder of The Go Game, the creator of Go Remote. The core team is 5 members strong, with the rest of the team based in the Ukraine.
THE EXPERTISE YOU HAVE
- You understand and have experience working as a Full stack developer, either using Node technologies or some other server-side language.
- Knowledge of Firebase Realtime Database and Cloud Database..
- You have a passion for technology, can navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends, and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us tackle real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You’ll be helping us build and improve our web experiences, taking an idea, prototyping if necessary, working closely with other developers, and designers to build out new features, migrate databases and build a robust API.
- Are a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask “Why” and “What if”?
- Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks.
- Have good communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in important discussions.
THE SKILLS YOU BRING
- Writing semantic, accessible, and high quality HTML5/CSS3 following W3C standards/guidelines
- Typescript, object-oriented JS, jQuery, Sass, GIT
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of modern JS frameworks (Angular, Ember, React, Vue, etc.)
- Use of DevTools for debugging/testing/optimization
- General understanding web services and utilization of APIs
- Responsive (mobile first) development and testing
- Unit testing (TDD/BDD) and functional testing
- Agile development
- A keen eye for picking out visual display differences, maintaining consistency, and accuracy as it relates to coding work from design artifacts
- Emphasis on quality but with a clear understanding of the principal of pace over perfection.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER
- Building rock-solid presentation layer code for complex web applications that help improve the culture of the Fortune 1000 who utilize the platform to enhance engagement and employee retention.
- Working with designers, product owners, and application development teams throughout the software development lifecycle.
At The Go Game, we reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that feeds diversity, partnership and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees’ individual differences can supply to the forward-thinking and strong future of our company. We also value humor.
- $100k / year
- Health care beginning in January 2020
- Remote Work
- Participation in Employee Stock Options
Please send your resume and a 90 second video, explaining why you would make a great addition our team to email@example.com, subject line should include your name, “Senior Developer” and best contact phone number. All emails should also include an up-to-date resume with relevant experience and references. Please, no phone calls about this job listing.